NEK Regional Plan
The purpose of the Regional Plan is to guide future growth and development in the Northeast Kingdom. The regional plan offers goals and strategies to foster economic development, preserve historic and cultural resources, guide traditional development patterns and address other quality of life issues in our region.
The plan is consulted for:
• Guidance on regional planning efforts.
• Developments that are regional in scope.
• Act 250 and Section 248 proceedings.
• Grant application references.
• State Agency program guidance.
• Local level planning, transportation and economic development programs
Proposed Amendment to the 2015 Regional PlanNVDA will be holding public hearings on a proposed amendment to the Regional Plan.
Hearings are scheduled for:
• Monday, April 16th, 6:00 pm., the 2nd floor of the Hebard Building, Newport - Minutes
• Thursday, April 19th, 6:00 pm, NVDA's offices, 36 Eastern Avenue, St. Johnsbury
The primary purpose of the Regional Plan amendment is to meet the enhanced planning standards of Act 174, which will make the regional plan eligible for "Substantial Deference" in the Section 248 review process. Other sections, as identified below, were amended to maintain consistency with the revised Energy Plan, and to reflect significant changes in the region since 2015.A full copy of the public notice is available here.
The current Regional Plan was adopted by the Board of Directors on August 27, 2015.Plan Sections are provided below. Adoption hearing notice and minutes are here.
Questions or Comments? contact Dave Snedeker email@example.com