NEK Regional Plan
The purpose of the Regional Plan is to guide future growth and development in the Northeast Kingdom. The regional plan offers goals and strategies to foster economic development, preserve historic and cultural resources, guide traditional development patterns and address other quality of life issues in our region.
The plan is consulted for:
• Guidance on regional planning efforts.
• Developments that are regional in scope.
• Act 250 and Section 248 proceedings.
• Grant application references.
• State Agency program guidance.
• Local level planning, transportation and economic development programs
Amendment to the 2015 Regional PlanNVDA recently adopted an amendment to the Regional Plan to meet the enhanced planning standards of Act 174, which will make the regional plan eligible for "Substantial Deference" in the Section 248 review process.
Other sections, as identified below, were amended to maintain consistency with the revised Energy Plan, and to reflect significant changes in the region since 2015. NVDA held two public hearings on a proposed amendment to the Regional Plan:
• Monday, April 16th, 6:00 pm., the 2nd floor of the Hebard Building, Newport - Minutes
• Thursday, April 19th, 6:00 pm, NVDA's offices, 36 Eastern Avenue, St. Johnsbury - Minutes
• NRPC Comments
• NEKWMD Comments
The plan was adopted by the board of NVDA on Thursday, April 26th, 2018. NVDA is now requesting certification from the Department of Public Service.A full copy of the public notice is available here. The minutes of the board meeting are available here.
The Department of Public Service is holding a hearing at NVDA's conference room on June 12, 2018 at 6:00pm. The hearing is a request for determination of energy compliance. - View the Notice of Public Hearing.
Plan Sections are provided below. Adoption hearing notice and minutes are here.
Questions or Comments? contact Dave Snedeker email@example.com